- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation: 86 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) carrot, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) arborio rice
- 2 cups (500mL) corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500mL) IVANHOE - Extra Old White Cheddar, or Asiago, shredded
- 3 cups (750mL) oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, red pepper, carrot, salt, oregano and pepper; cook for 5 minutes. Add in rice and stir for 1 minute. Pour in 2 ½ cups (625 mL) hot water and corn; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In bowl, whisk together milk, egg and flour; add to rice mixture. Stir in cheese and sundried tomatoes. Spread into greased 8” (2 L) square casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.