- Preparation: 39 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 cups (500mL) carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup (250mL) potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500mL) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 2 tsp (10mL) curry paste, or powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 lb (160g) BLACK RIVER - Hot Havarti, or plain havarti cheese
- fresh coriander, coarsley chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, carrots and potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add lentil, stock, milk and curry. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Pureé soup in a blender or food processor. Adjust seasonings. To serve, place cheese in each bowl of soup and garnish with coriander.
- Excellent source of vitamin A, folate and calcium.