- Preparation: 36 minutes
- 4 tbsp (60mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) onion, diced
- 1 tsp (5mL) thyme
- 8 cups (2L) cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) potato, diced
- 4 condensed chicken broth cans, undiluted
- 1/3 cup (75mL) all purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups (1.375L) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 4 cups (1L) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, grated
- In large pot, melt butter on medium high; cook onion and thyme for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add cauliflower, potatoes and broth; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk flour into milk; gradually stir into soup. Increase heat to medium high; cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Season to taste.
- Excellent source of vitamin C and calcium.