- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) BLACK RIVER - Garlic Mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup (250mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (75mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 to 3 lb (1.5 to 2Kg) boneless leg Ontario lamb, butterflied and trimmed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30mL) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (160°C). Soak panko in milk for 2 minutes. Stir in mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley to combine.
- Lay meat, fat-side-down, and season all over with salt and pepper. Spread evenly with stuffing mixture leaving a 2-inch (5 cm) border at each end. Starting at a narrow end, roll meat up, jellyroll-style and tie with kitchen twine.
- Transfer roast to a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour. Blend butter with vinegar and honey.
- Brush over lamb, continue to roast, basting occasionally with pan juices for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F (71°C) for medium (or to preferred doneness). Tent with foil and rest for 20 minutes. Slice thickly to serve.
- Ask the butcher at the meat counter to butterfly the roast for you, making the preparation even easier.