- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 26 minutes
- 3 cups (750mL) macaroni
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) all purpose flour
- 3 cups (750mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 2 cups (500mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 28 oz (796mL) canned stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (50mL) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter over medium heat in heavy saucepan. Add garlic with onion and cook until soft. Add flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Add macaroni and stir to combine. Spoon into serving bowl and top with bacon.