- Yields: 6 to 8 servings
- Preparation: 80 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250mL) Ontario blackberries
- 1 cup (250mL) Ontario raspberries
Sour Cream Layer
- 17 oz (500mL) HEWITT'S - Sour Cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In bowl, mix first three ingredients. Whisk together butter, 2 eggs and vanilla; pour over flour mixture and stir until combined. Press into 9” (23 cm) square parchment paper-lined baking pan. Sprinkle with berries.
- In another bowl, whisk together sour cream and remaining ingredients. Pour over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until light golden and firm on top, but with movement in centre. Cool completely before serving.