- Yields: 10 servings
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups (425mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Butter two 9” (23 cm) round baking pans. Line bottom of each pan with parchment or waxed paper. Butter paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar. Blend well. Add butter, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 2 minutes. Divide batter between pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until tops spring to touch and cakes begin to pull away from the sides of the pans. Cool on rack. Decorate as desired.