- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 144 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75mL) cornstarch
- 4 cups (1L) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1 1/3 cups (30mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup (150mL) hot water
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- GAY LEA - Regular Whipped Cream
- Place cornstarch in bowl; whisk in 4 cup (1 L) milk until smooth. Reserve. Stir sugar with instant coffee and salt in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan; whisk in water until smooth. Set pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture boils. Stir in remaining milk.
- Just before serving, top each dessert cup with whipped cream.Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and, whisking constantly, add to coffee mixture. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, and is glossy and thickened. Stir in vanilla. Divide cappuccino mixture among coffee cups or dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, top each dessert cup with whipped cream.
- Garnish with coffee beans, sprinkled cocoa, ground chocolate or cinnamon.