- Yields: 16 Latkes
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) IVANHOE - Jalapeño Goat Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Sour Cream
- 2 lb (1Kg) baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (250mL) onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) garlic powder
- 1 cup (250mL) vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
- On large tea towel, place potatoes and onions; gather sides into the middle and roll up towel. Squeeze mixture over sink to remove excess liquid. Transfer to large bowl; stir in cheese, flour, eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in 10-inch (25 cm) heavy nonstick or cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat; scoop half of the batter, in 1/4 cup (60 mL) portions, into hot oil, flattening gently with back of spatula. Cook, flipping once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil if necessary. Transfer to paper towel–lined baking sheet.
- Stir together sour cream, cilantro and lime juice. Serve with warm latkes for dipping.
- Make mini latkes to serve as hors d’oeuvres, topped with the sour cream mixture and a pickled jalapeño pepper slice.