- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 onion, medium and chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cumin
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) puréed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1 cup (250mL) swiss cheese
- In heavy saucepan, sauté onion in butter until transparent. Add broth, pumpkin and spicing. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat on medium low, then reduce to simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Purée mixture. Add milk and reheat, but do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in Canadian cheese until melted.
- For a restaurant-inspired garnish, spoon sour cream into a zip-top bag, snip off a corner and ‘pipe’ fancy swirls onto soup.
- For Halloween, pipe concentric circles onto soup and pull a toothpick from the center to the edge to create a spooky spider web design.