- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60) STIRLING - Bombay Curry Butter Roll, divided
- 12 oz (375g) gnocchi, cooked
- 2 shallots, large and diced
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/3 cup (75mL) white wine
- 1/3 cup (75mL) HEWITT'S - Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup (175mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30mL) parsley, finely chopped and fresh
- Melt half of the Stirling Creamery Bombay Curry Butter Roll in large skillet set over medium heat; cook gnocchi, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi start to brown and shallots are softened.
- Stir in wine; bring to boil; cook for 1 minute. Stir in cream and return to boil. Stir in peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly and gnocchi are heated through.
- Remove from heat; swirl in remaining butter until melted and sauce is thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sauté pancetta with gnocchi if desired.
- For a little heat, top with thinly sliced fresh red chili pepper.
- Substitute baby spinach for peas if desired.