- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 39 minutes
- 12 baby red or white potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (750mL) large sea scallops (about 16)
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Whipping Cream
- 3 cups (750mL) fresh baby spinach
- Pierce potatoes. In a saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tsp (2 mL) salt; reduce heat and boil gently for about 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Drain; cut potatoes into thin slices, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, rinse scallops and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high. Add butter and swirl to coat pan. Add scallops and brown for about 2 minutes per side, turning once.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium low; add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine and simmer, stirring, until reduced by about half. Add cream and return to a boil, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return scallops to pan; turn to coat in sauce. Simmer for 1 minute or until just slightly firm at the edges.
- Fan 3 potatoes in the centre of each serving plate; top with spinach. Arrange scallops around spinach; drizzle with sauce.
- Be sure not to overcook scallops to keep them nice and tender. They should be well-browned and firm just around the edges.
- You can substitute 18% cream whisked with 1 tbsp (15 mL) all purpose flour for the 35% cream if desired.