- Yields: 6 scones
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Homogenized Milk
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cup (550mL) all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dried cranberries
- Add lemon juice to milk and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and cut into flour with pastry blender until texture of coarse meal. Stir in dried cranberries. Stir in milk to moisten dry ingredients.
- Roll out on floured surface to 2" (1 cm) thickness. Cut into 2" (5 cm) rounds or squares. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 425ºF (220ºC)